The Benefits of Volunteering
In light of it being National Volunteer Week, let’s talk about volunteering.
1. What is a volunteer?
2. Why is volunteering so important?
3. What are the benefits of volunteering?
4. Why should you volunteer?
5. What is National Volunteer Week?
6. How can I get involved?
These are all good questions.
1. Volunteer: noun; a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.
2. Volunteering is very important because it allows for goals to be accomplished and awareness raised by working together with others for a good cause. Volunteering gives people the opportunity to make a difference.
3. The benefits of volunteering are endless. Some examples of the benefits are:
a. Learn a new skill
b. Be a part of your community and meet new people
c. Gives you a sense of motivation and achievement
d. Good for your body, mind and soul to help someone
e. Boosts your career options
4. If the benefits of becoming a volunteer are not enough to interest or motivate you, then consider it an investment in your community. It can change your life or someone else’s. You can start a chain reaction with your friends and family when they see how much you enjoy it.
5. National Volunteer Week honors those who dedicate their personal time to taking action and getting involved. “National Volunteer Week is about taking action and encouraging individuals and their respective communities to be at the center of social change – discovering and actively demonstrating their collective power to make a difference.” -Pointsoflight.org
6. It is easy to get involved! Become a volunteer by visiting local non-profit websites such as our own, chaseafteracure.com/volunteer and we will send you updates about upcoming events we need help with. OR visit the website pointsoflight.org to find volunteer opportunities near you. #NVW2016
Now go out and volunteer!