We Need Your Support!
We need people to help us support the Peer-Reviewed Young Adult, Adolescent and Pediatric Cancer Research Program within the Department of Defense Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program submitted by Congressman McCaul (R-TX) and Congressman Peters (D-CA).
This bill is a request for $30 Million to target gaps and transform healthcare through groundbreaking medical research in response to its stakeholders.
Here are a few facts pulled from the proposed bill to show how important this bill is:
- According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), the number one disease killer of young adults, adolescents and pediatric citizens is cancer.
- According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), Adolescents, young adults and pediatric cancers are significantly under-researched, leading to poor outcomes including high morbidity and mortality.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) is in the unique position to make a groundbreaking transformation in healthcare for 86% of our nation’s active military forces and 53% of the American population, filling the critical gap by investing in research for cancers that specifically affect Adolescents and Young Adults (AYAs) and their children.
- The National Institute of Health (NIH) says there is a need for basic science, epidemiology and clinical trials to improve survival rates for Adolescents and Young Adults (AYAs) and children fighting cancer.
- The National Institute of Health (NIH) states that Adolescents and Young Adults (AYA) and pediatric cancers differ in type and biological behavior from cancers diagnosed in older adults, yet when it comes to cancer research, this population has fallen through the cracks.
For additional information or to become a sponsor, please contact:
Dean Crowe: 404-847-1270 or email@example.com
Beth Anne Baber: 858-945-0552 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Seidenburg: 404-847-1270 or email@example.com
Contact us on our website https://chaseafteracure.com/contact-us/ and let us know that you want to show your support for this bill.
It is up to us to be the voice for children with cancer! #NeverStopChasing
Information from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAYA01Bkak4