Six Facts You Need To Know About Childhood Cancers
- Cancer is the #1 disease killer of children in the United States.*
- Every day in the United States, 43 more children will learn they have cancer.*
- Over the last 40 years, the number of children diagnosed with cancer has risen 24%, and that number continues to rise.*
- Researchers are struggling to keep up with the over 100 types of childhood cancers being diagnosed today.
- For many of the childhood cancers, the same treatments that existed in the 1970’s continue without change today.*
- Federal budget cuts have impacted children’s cancer research funding. Funding is at near record lows and today, for every Federal dollar allocated to adult cancer research, children’s cancer research receives .04 cents. *