- Chase After a Cure has donated over a half million dollars to the only pediatric cancer research lab in the State of South Carolina housed at The Children’s Hospital of South Carolina in Charleston.
- Finalist for non profit of the year
- To date your support has generated over $705,000 towards supporting local childhood cancer research
- Founder awarded Charleston Regional Business Journal 40 Under 40
- Applied and were awarded a $10,000 grant from The Exchange Club of Charleston, Funds from this grant were requested to help fund the purchase of an imager in the lab to study the amounts of sphingolipid protein in neuroblastoma cell lines and tumors. This device will also measure the changes in the amounts of protein in neuroblastoma cells and tumors after treatments with the inhibitors developed by the lab.
- Chase After a Cure has received a $41,394 grant from the Walmart Foundation’s State Giving Program to use in its mission of raising money for childhood cancer awareness.The grant money will support Chase After a Cure in building and implementing performance management systems to help achieve greater impact on childhood cancer research and childhood cancer awareness. Funds will support employing a director of development and director of marketing while also paying for professional development/training, board development and new technology as well as the development of a strategic plan to guide the organization into a new phase of growth.
Your support for Chase After a Cure has resulted in 10 publications, over 200 citations, 3 invited presentations and 15 oral and poster presentations and national and international meetings. The local research lab was able to generate preliminary data that supported proposals for peer-reviewed funding from the National Childhood Cancer Foundation, Hyundai Hope on Wheels, Rally Foundation for Pediatric Cancer Research, and the St. Baldrick’s Foundation. Your funds have helped:
Support the work of 3 scientists in the lab
- Purchase key equipment for our lab such as:
- EVOS fluorescent microscope used to visualize drug treatments,
- BioTek Synergy H1 Multi-Mode Plate Reader used for cancer cell death assays, enzyme assays, cancer cell drug discovery experiments
- BioRad CFX96 Touch Real-Time PCR thermal cycler used for cancer cell gene expression analysis
- Subsidize the cost of lab experiments and consumables such as reagents, pipettes, tissue culture plates.
- Bio-Rad ChemiDog Imaging System
Thank-you again for your generous support.